- #projectmendthemind has a new website look and logo. Thanks @neumediaweb! mendthemind.org 1 year ago
- RT @DrexelSOE: Congrats @dmarkgraf who's in the latest issue of @SInow. His story is very inspiring to say the least. Worth picking up for … 1 year ago
- Pick up today’s issue of #SportsIllustrated to read more about #NFL, #concussion and how I fit into breakthrough research! Page 80 1 year ago
- This week's post: My heroes in Nebraska... accesssportsexperiences.org/blog-story-of-… 1 year ago
- CNN: Chris Borland, 24, to retire from NFL, cites fear of concussions cnn.it/1BtM28v I'm a fan of #NFL, but this sends a message. 1 year ago
Hundreds of signatures on my helmets from people all over the continental United States – it’s time to amass more.
The green and unpainted helmets traveled on the back of my bicycle while I rode across the US. The orange? Those are friends I made at brain injury conferences.
Last month was a busy month for me. I spoke at the New York State OASAS Addiction and Brain Injury Conference as well as the Mid-Michigan Brain Injury Symposium! I am glad to be able to let you all know how well they went… Here’s what people had to say about my keynote presentation at the :awesome: Origami Rehabilitation Center in East Lansing, MI:
- Very motivational. Great insight from a survivor’s perspective.
- Very cool- amazing how great of a speaker/teacher he is despite short/long term memory loss.
- Very entertaining. Good inspiration- wish more survivors were in attendance.
- Kudos to Doug for his hard work that has led to such a nice recovery.
- The videos were very helpful and well-timed to maintain interest.
- Very interesting and inspiring!
- Nice job—keep riding.
- He did a very good job at helping us all “get it.”
- Great speaker with an amazing attitude.
- Loved the presentation. Loved the videos—very powerful.
- Great presenter.
- This was by far my favorite presentation. Doug was lively and engaging.
- Doug was very moving and encouraging.
- Doug did a great job!
- Dynamic, inspiring, and a nice way to start the event.
- Very powerful and uplifting! Thank you!
- Great presentation. Good representation.
- Very nice job! Great information!
- What an inspiration—he makes me want to be a better nurse!
- Great job! Thank you for sharing and advocating.
- Inspirational speaker!
- Enjoyed the videos. Thank you for sharing your story and perspective.
- Doug did a good job! Very cool.
- Good audience interaction. Kept people focused.
- Excellent key note speaker.
- Loved his presentation.
- Thank you for the videos! Excited to see the documentary. Thanks for the honesty.
- Loved the video presentations
- Wonderful, enjoyed Doug’s presentation very much.
- Enjoyed your video clips. What an inspirational story!
- Great presentation! Very engaging and inspiring.
- Great speaker!
- Excellent presentation and speaker. Very inspirational!
- Dynamic speaker!
- Great presentation! Your progress gives hope to so many others. Looking forward to checking out your blog. I was specifically interested in how you handle remaining challenges, AND to see you use strategies during the presentation and to use them so well.
- What a great presentation. It’s great to see brain injury survivors continue on with their new life and overcoming challenges.
- Awesome speaker!
I’m beaming. Thanks, Michigan!!!!